Warning! Don’t eat the chilies unless you love very spicy foods; they’re added for flavor.
Ingredients and Preparation
- In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, orange zest, and cornstarch until cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, until browned. Stir in garlic, carrot, and bell pepper, and stir-fry another 3 minutes, or until carrot is slightly tender.
- Add chilis and cook entire mixture 2-3 more minutes, or until meat reaches desired degree of doneness.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat, stir in scallions, and serve.