Serving Size ½ of recipe
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Sodium 925 mg
Total Carbohydrate 44 g
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
Protein 38 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Fresh thyme 1½ teaspoons (or ¾ teaspoon dried)
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Balsamic vinegar 1 teaspoon
Fresh lemon juice 2 +2 teaspoons
Olive oil 4 + 2 teaspoons
Boneless, skinless chicken breast ½ pound
Heart of romaine lettuce, sliced ½
Medium tomato, sliced into wedges 1
Red onion, sliced ¼
Crumbled Feta 1/3 cup
Kalmata olives, pitted ¼ cup
Plain low-fat yogurt ¼ cup
Garlic clove, minced ½
Cucumber, diced ¼ cup
Dash of salt
Pita breads 2
- Combine thyme, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in a small bowl. Add 4 teaspoons olive oil and whisk until incorporated.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and add half of the dressing (about 1 tablespoon). Toss to coat and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, onion, Feta, and olives in a medium bowl. Toss with the remaining dressing.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, cucumber, remaining lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl.
- Prepare an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Remove chicken from marinade and grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes and then slice into thin strips.
- Grill pita breads for about 1 minute on each side, until warmed.
- Spread yogurt sauce over pita bread. Top with the chicken and salad.