Serving Size ½ of recipe
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Sodium 764 mg
Total Carbohydrate 29 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Protein 25.5 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Olive oil ½ tablespoon
Garlic cloves, thinly sliced 2
Boneless sirloin steak, visible fat removed, and sliced into thin strips ½ pound
Medium carrot, sliced into ¼ inch pieces 1
Water 3 tablespoons
Medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips 1
Snow peas, ends trimmed 1 cup
Hoisin sauce 1/3 cup
- Heat oil in a wok (or large nonstick skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and beef, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until beef is cooked through. Place meat onto a plate and wipe out pan.
- Add the carrot and water to the wok. Cover partially and stir occasionally for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the pepper and snow peas and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the hoisin sauce, increase the heat to high, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook for about another minute.