Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.5
Ingredients and Preparation
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray and add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add carrots, onion, and green pepper; sauté until tender.
- Add water and all remaining ingredients except milk; stir and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Put half of the lentil mixture in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Pour puree into a bowl. Repeat pureeing with remaining mixture. Return all puree to pot, stir in milk.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.