Oven-baking makes these french fries lower in fat and still crispy.
Serving Size 1 cup
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 163 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Large potatoes (2 pounds) 4
Ice water 8 cups
Garlic powder 1 teaspoon
Onion powder 1 teaspoon
Salt ¼ teaspoon
White pepper 1 teaspoon
Allspice ¼ teaspoon
Hot pepper flakes 1 teaspoon
Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Scrub potatoes and cut into long ½-inch strips.
- Place potato strips into ice water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
- Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in a plastic bag.
- Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
- Brush potatoes with oil.
- Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475°F oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.