Serving Size ½ breast or 2 small drumsticks
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 81 mg
Sodium 199 mg
Potassium 392 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Protein 27 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Tomato paste 5 tablespoons (3 ounces)
Ketchup 1 teaspoon
Honey 2 teaspoons
Molasses 1 teaspoon
Worcestershire sauce 1 teaspoon
White vinegar 4 teaspoons
Cayenne pepper ¾ teaspoons
Black pepper 1/8 teaspoons
Onion powder ¼ teaspoon
Garlic cloves, minced 2
Ginger, grated 1/8 teaspoon
Chicken (breasts, drumsticks), skinless 1 ½ pounds
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Place on large platter and brush with 1/2 of sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Turn down oven to 350ºF and add remaining sauce to chicken. Cover chicken with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes.