Cooking oil spray helps to coat the pan with little fat or calories.
Serving Size 1 square
Saturated Fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol less than 1 mg
Sodium 263 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Cinnamon, ground ½ teaspoon
Vanilla extract 1 tablespoon
Cornstarch 2 tablespoons
Peach nectar 1 cup
Pineapple juice or peach juice ¼ cup
Peaches, sliced, packed in juice, drained (or 1¾ pounds) fresh 2 16-ounce cans
Margarine, tub 1 tablespoon
Pancake mix, dry 1 cup
All-purpose flour 2/3 cup
Sugar ½ cup
Evaporated skim milk 2/3 cup
Nonstick cooking oil spray (for baking dish)
Nutmeg ½ teaspoon
Brown sugar 1 tablespoon
- Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and pineapple or peach juice.
- Add sliced peaches to mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In another saucepan melt margarine and set aside.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square glass dish with cooking oil spray. Pour hot peach mixture into the dish.
- In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine. Stir in milk.
- Quickly spoon this mixture over peach mixture.
- Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 8 squares.