Serving Size 1 cup
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 205 mg
Potassium 455 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Protein 7 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
Celery, finely diced 2 tablespoons
Onion, finely diced 2 tablespoons
Green pepper, finely diced 2 tablespoons
Frozen whole kernel corn 1 package (10 ounces)
Raw potatoes, peeled, diced in 1/2-inch pieces 1 cup
Fresh parsley, chopped 2 tablespoons
Water 1 cup
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Black pepper to taste
Paprika ¼ teaspoon
Flour 2 tablespoons
Lowfat or skim milk 2 cups
- Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add celery, onion, and green pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook covered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place 1/2 cup of milk in jar with tightfitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
- Gradually add milk-flour mixture to cooked vegetables. Then add remaining milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil and thickens. Serve garnished with chopped, fresh parsley.