Serving Size 1 slice
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 57 mg
Sodium 273 mg
Calcium 70 mg
Iron 2 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Cake flour 2 ¼ cups
Baking powder 2 ¼ teaspoons
Margarine 4 tablespoons
Sugar 1 ¼ cups
Vanilla 1 teaspoon
Orange peel 1 tablespoon
Skim milk ¾ cup
Low fat cream cheese 3 ounces
Skim milk 2 tablespoons
Cocoa 6 tablespoons
Confectioners sugar, sifted 2 cups
Vanilla extract ½ teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease with small amount of cooking oil or use nonstick cooking oil spray on a 10-inch round pan (at least 2 ½ inches high). Powder pan with flour. Tap out excess flour.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until soft and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, and orange peel.
- Gradually add the flour mixture alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Let cake cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely before icing.
Directions for Frosting
- Cream together cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add cocoa. Blend well.
- Slowly add sugar until icing is smooth. Mix in vanilla.
- Smooth icing over top and sides of cooled cake.